Wednesday, July 11, 2012

No Biebs Or Gaga In Our House!

We are music fans in our house. I think it's important to find a music that you love and that some how connects to your soul. I love how a song can make me feel happy or sad or that reminds me how in love I am with my significant other. My daughter has really come into her own as far as music lately and she's played 'Hot Blooded' and 'Hotel California' a million times on my phone. I mean she's even named after my fav Eric Clapton song. <3 Layla <3 We listen to a lot of classic and southern rock at home and especially in the car. We listen to quite a bit of country too because we do live in the south and it's kind of required. LoL Well I was a little surprised this Sunday when my 5 year old came home from playing with her older cousin and she was singing a Lady Gaga song. I don't even really know how I knew it was Lady Gaga but I did. What the heck? I looked up the lyrics to the song and I can't believe kids are walking around with this crap blasting in their ears. "Want your bad romance want your ugly, I want your disease want your everything as long as it's free want your loveLove, love, love, I want your love"Now I know that kids are not going to pick up on what songs really mean but I don't want my kid to be singing songs like this or teaching it to other kids! Yeah I guess me growing up with Charlie Daniels and Eagles wasn't exactly nursery rhymes but it wasn't some half naked girl singing about"bluffin with her muffin". So I've said my peace and though she might hear this crap other places, these little pop "icons" won't be played at our house. I guess I feel like I'm doing something right because Layla did ask me' "Who is Justin Bieber?" ha ha teeny boppers that's a win for this Mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment