Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crying Over Burnt Hamburgers

After 3 hours of sleep that night I was ill as a hornet yesterday. I got up and cleaned up the same mess I awake to everyday from the non-husband's midnight snack dishes to the snot rags that landed 1 inch from the bathroom trash can and due to laziness never quite made it in. LG was insanely hyper and by dinner making time I was about to loose my mind. The non-husband says he was joking but he came into the kitchen out of his shower and said, " you're burning my burger!" Now that was it. Let me tell you that I'm a great cook. Not just self proclaimed but I've heard that I was all my adult life. It's in my blood. I inherited it from my grandma and have spent my life learning everything I can from her. My family are the most picky, annoying eaters in the whole world. Pretty much every night I have to make 3 different things. I don't really eat that much meat and Scout well, don't even say the words fruit or veggies. LG, she decides she doesn't like something one day and it's the only thing she likes another day. Not one day goes by that she doesn't ask for me to make her a million things to eat and then doesn't want any of it after the fact. Scout doesn't know what's good and is teaching LG, in my opinion, a terrible way to be. They both make up in their heads that they don't like something before even trying it. I'm not picky and I like a huge variety of foods, even weird stuff. I'm not picky but I don't want hamburger helper or bacon every single night. I certainly don't want a ketchup Sandwhich which is what the child wanted. Well anyways, I threw me a pan full of veggies in the oven and went to work on Scout's burger. He likes his meat charcoled. And then he's going to actually dip the crap that he rips apart (he says he's picking out the fatty pieces) into a pile, YES I SAID A PILE, of salt. But his burger tonight was burnt. I guarantee you if I had cooked it one second less it wouldn't have been done enough. So I slam stuff around and even though I know he's just weird, out came the tears. Then what does he say to soothe me?!?!? "you don't have to cook for me,ever." Well thanks for the appreciation sweetheart. Like nothing I cook is good enough for him just because he's as stubborn as an ass. I wrapped up burger an put it in the fridge and took me a brisk walk outside. When I came in, there he sits at the kitchen table eating the burger, perfectly content. Now couldn't he just keep his mouth shut to begin with? I couldn't sit down and eat with him because after all that I couldn't deal with the sight of him picking at his fried squash, another thing I made just for him. Frying vegetables is something I'm not good at. I never really ever fried a vegetable until I met him. I like them better cooked using healthier ways. I mainly eat healthy food. My figure doesn't reflect that but my hormone caused fatness is yet another story for another day. On this day I would just like to say, " sit down at the table, eat and shut the hell up. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment